Fri, 22 Oct|
VR Theatre: A Roundtable Discussion
VR Theatre: An expensive, bulky gimmick or a radical world building experience? What role should VR play in the future of Scottish Theatre?
Time & Location
22 Oct 2021, 15:00 – 16:30 BST
About the event
This event invites the Scottish theatre and digital arts communities to have an open discussion about what we want from the fusion of VR and Theatre.
This event is for
- Theatre creatives, programmers, venue staff, producers
- Digital creatives, developers, producers
- Those with no experience of VR and those with lots
- Identify key questions we have about VR Theatre, from ‘What is VR Theatre?’ to ‘What are future digital distribution models?’ to ‘What role could mocap play?’
- Split into breakout rooms for more focussed conversations; each room tackling a different question.
- Share highlights back with the whole group
The event is part of Produced Moon’s project Developing a VR Toolkit for Theatre. It follows on from a series of creative labs exploring the potential of VR theatre to disrupt the boundaries between physical and digital realities and to be radically accessible. The event will be hosted by Mel and Leo from Produced Moon, and lab participants Libby Odai, Lewis Sherlock and Hannah Wright.
This event will be BSL interpreted.
Register here: producedmoon.co.uk/events
If you are unsalaried and there is a financial barrier to you attending this event, there are seven £50 bursaries available. Please indicate in your registration form that you would like a bursary, no ‘proof’ or documentation is required.
Please register by 9am on Friday 8th October if you’d like a bursary. If the bursaries are oversubscribed we will distribute to ensure there is a range of job roles and industry backgrounds represented. Bursaries will be confirmed Monday 11th October.